September 20, 2010 marks a great day in Gensan as the Tuna Festival 2010 officially opens today. Although a lot of significant festival activities have happened over the whole month of September, the Festival Week opening program happens today at 5pm with a most anticipated (even by myself!) release of 42 Lanterns in lieu of the past years’ fireworks display
This year’s activities, from parties to competitions, sure are meant to enliven the mood in Gensan, not that it’s not. I am personally encouraging you to come see the activities because they were meant to be enjoyed by tourists and Generals alike.
Some of the highlights of this year’s Tuna Festival:
Ms. Gensan 2010
Mr. Gensan 2010 (the first one!)
Did you say you want parties? Here’s a quick look at the party schedules.
- Kapamilya Caravan featuring ABS-CBN stars @ KCC on Sept 18 (new!)
- Kapuso Night featuring GMA stars @ KCC on Sept 24 (new!)
- Robinsons’ Praize Xtreme Concert on Sept 19
- Foam Parties @ East Asia Royale Hotel Arcade Parking Lot on Sept 24-25 featuring Ely Buendia
- Robinsons’ Al Fresco Sashimi Night featuring the Best of GenSan Bands on Sept 25. For only P 150 get a free beer and all the sashimi that you can eat (while sashimi is available, okay?)
- SMART Communications Concert @ Oval Plaza Stage on Sept 25
- GLOBE Telecoms Concert @ Oval Plaza Stage on Sept 26
- San Miguel Beer Concert @ the Junction on Sept 26
That sure is a lot of party in one week! But hey, it’s fiesta time so go ahead!
I do not have an event this year so I am personally endorsing Sashimi Night on September 25 at Robinsons Al Fresco and Parking area and Inter-tribe Cookfest organized by my dear Tita Nitz Velasquez at Robinsons too on September 23 at 3pm.
As a special service to you, readers, What’s On In General Santos City will be giving you a daily feed of activities so come back to this blog for more.
Should you wish to have a copy of the festival schedule, just send me an email.
HAPPY TUNA FESTIVAL, GENERALS!